At Nanny Maids SA, we cater for today’s modern mom, who might be juggling a career, business, professional life and even home running. The safety and well-being of her children is a priority. However, at the same time, she might need an efficient housekeeper, Au Pair and even tutor to keep everything flowing. This is why we employ such a stringent selection criteria, taking into consideration, all the concerns any parent or parent-to-be may have. We want you to know that, the prospective employee has been vetted, is reliable and is both willing AND able to perform the task at hand.
There is an African saying that goes like this “It takes a village to raise a child” truer words have not been said, especially when you consider how important community is and in this case, the collective parent community. This is why we take the referral system so seriously. We trust the opinion of former employers because they too, are parents, just like you! We take vetting very seriously, so seriously infact, that no one is excused from it, even prospective employers go through our basic processes. This is not to disorganize you in any way, but just some measures we would like to have in place, for your comfort.
TOP 10 Security Tips For Parents, Care-Givers and Parents To-Be!
- Always recruit your domestic worker from a reputable service provider
- Always vet your self-recruited domestic or childminder
- Know which categories of employees fall under Domestic Workers e.g AU PAIRS, Nurses etc.
- Always put your Housekeepers on trial, whenever possible.
- Always sign a contract with your new Nanny or Maid, just to ensure that both of you are protected.
- Include a probation clause in your contract, just to be sure.
- Always consult with the agency on available options to help you with UIF requirements.
- Avoid CCMA issues by following the correct protocols to dismiss employees
- Always consult with a knowledgeable agency on all contract related matters.
- Follow the department of labour guidelines on Domestic sectoral determinations and salaries.